- Thunderstorm at Barrow the evening evening of June 13th is the earliest in the season thunderstorm of record there. Barrow also had the warmest June of record.
- Umiat RAWS had a high of 90ºF on the 20th, and Sagwon SNOTEL had 85ºF same day.
- Highest reliable temperature so far is 97ºF at the Amber Lake coop site, southwest of Talkeetna.
- Both Nome and Kotzebue tied their all-time record highs, 86ºF and 85ºF respectively.
- Almost 808,000 acres burned in June; The Lime Hills (201,000 arces) and Moore Creek (160,000 acres) are the largest fires.
View from Ester Dome Tuesday evening, Courtesy of the FAA
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
June Weather Factoids
Working on catching up with all the weather while I was gone, so here a few lesser publicized factoids: